Quote of the week

"All our dreams can come true; if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Thursday 17 October 2013

Hmmm... A First Post!

Hello there! :)

As a new blogger, I admit that all this - meaning, Blogger, the social media site- is pretty foreign to me. But I'm sure everything from basecodes to template will begin to fall in place as I go blogging away :)

Alright! The reason why I started this blog is because I wanted to share my passion for books and also to share some of my musings with other enlightened blogreaders.

In where I live, there are very very few people who adopt the "reading is for life" attitude. Perhaps it's because they never had the habit to read when they were young? Or perhaps its because newer, more technologically advanced gadgets are occupying all their time, whether they are relaxing or simply stuck in the toilet.

Either way, its a very sad trend to see more and more children and young people picking up their smart phones instead of picking up a hardcopy book to read. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that though this blog, more people (of all ages!) will once again, find a place for a book in their lives.

Reading is, most definitely, for life :)
Check back regularly for updates! :)

-Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment